Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Anatomy

So, it seems I have a slight problem/obsession with skulls and the human body when it comes to art. I have no idea why but I literally find Skulls or bones so fascinating and interesting to draw and I really love the look that they can give when used in certain ways, I feel they can look simply beautiful and the images aren't always as scary as this might sound haha. 
I get quite a lot of inspiration from most of these images so I thought I would share a few artists/ ways in which this particular subject is used in art that I like. 


These are literally a really small selection of examples, something, i still can't put my finger on what, but something really draws me to these images.

Artists from left to right :
Tom Fench
Jason Freeny
Alex Riegert-waters
Karl Kwasny
Steve Simpson
Josh Harker
I'm not sure the name of the artist but this image is from a blog called "skull a day"
Again this image i found on Notcouture and I'm not sure of the original artist name

These are just a few interesting pieces out of the collection of images that I have.
I try telling myself its not an unhealthy obsession but sometimes I do worry haha.
Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. completely agree about bones and skulls being really interesting to look at. i've come across so many great sketches of skulls that look incredible.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just find them all so intriguing x

      Delete