Hello, so I haven't posted on here in a while due to not having my laptop :( BUT its back now, so hopefully I should resume posting regularly again.
So what have I been doing in the last few weeks? Well its been pretty hectic and I took a short break away with my boyfriend and his lovely family. Its safe to say it was well needed. And I found that being away in different surroundings helped to give me a bit of inspiration and motivation to get on with my character designs. I've been doing a lot more research and planning of what I want to do with my characters and hopefully will be posting a few images of that progress soon (once its looking a bit tidier and understandable to people with normal human brains).
I've also been trying to get a few art projects completed in my spare time, that I have had on the go for a while now.
One of those projects was to create a sugar skull or day of the dead skull for my brothers new room.
I found this skull in the garden section in wilkinsons quite a while ago and thought I'd pick it up to use in a art project like this.
However for me to be able to work onto the skull I had to make some adjustments.
The skull was very roughly formed and didn't have a smooth surface for me to draw on nicely. This meant I had to kind of resurface it. Which was a pain, but I managed to do it using the wonderful techniques of paper mache (which I haven't used in a long time but it seemed fitting for this project).
Once the skull was smooth I used a pencil, a white posca pen, and black and white acrylic paint to place the design onto the skull. I really loved the outcome of this piece and it was so much fun to create. I'd really love to do some more of these and make a small set, it also made a great gift for my brothers house warming.
I hope you liked this little crafty project :) and again sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I will be posting more from now on :)


No comments:
Post a Comment