I don't think perfection frustration is a real thing, but thats what I'm going to call this.
I always find myself getting really frustrated when an "idea sketch" doesn't look perfect or exactly what it looked like in my head. This becomes quite a big problem and very demotivating and time consuming. SO, I have to deal with that. I don't know if anyone else gets the same frustrations as me at this point or if it is just infact me being crazy and silly. But I thought I'd share a few tips/tricks that help get me out of this situation.
1. Look at other artist "idea/preliminary sketchs" and compare them to the final piece.
This helps no end because it reminds me that a lot of the time they look completely different, so not to dwell on it.
2. Write notes on what i DON'T like about it/what to change about it.
This just helps to remind me that it doesn't matter, I can change the things I don't like further down the line.
3. Write notes on what I DO like about it.
This helps me to realise that it isn't that bad and helps to motivate me a bit more.
4. Go to a different drawing and work on that, then go back to the other piece with a fresh outlook on it.
This saves time and gets more work done. I also find it helps me to regain and refresh my ideas on the piece.
5. TELL MYSELF TO STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT! I know it won't look that bad in the end!
This one is a big one and quite difficult to do sometimes, but it is needed. It also gives me motivation to fix it and get on with making it look better.
I know these are probably all obvious and silly things but sometimes I have to remind myself to do them. So this post is kind of a reminder to me but also anyone else who might get the same feelings as I do.
If anyone else has any other tips on how to get out of this frustrating time or any tips to help with artist block or anything to do with creating art haha please share them with me :)
Thanks for reading :)

No comments:
Post a Comment